Panther girls 1st, boys 4th at divisional
Park City track continued its winning ways at the Southern C Divisional Meet at Laurel High School on May 19.
The girls took first place out of 14 teams with 92 points and six first-place finishes. Cara Grewell continued to dominate in field events with a first place in the discus at 106 feet and a first in the shot put at 36 feet 9 inches.
Brittany Frank took first in the javelin at 119 feet 6 inches to sew up the throwing events for Park City for the second weekend in a row.
Rayna Laakso took first in the 100 meter hurdles at 16.06, first in the long jump at 15 feet 11 inches, third in the 200 meters at 27.82 and fifth in the high jump at 4 feet 8 inches.
MacKinzie Verke took first in the triple jump at 31 feet 11 inches. Shelby Branstetter took second in the 300 meter hurdles at 53.57 and third in the 100 meter hurdles at 18.01.
The Panther 4-by-100 meter relay team of Andee Baker, Branstetter, Verke and Laakso placed third at 53.94. The Panther 4-by-400 meter relay team of MacKinzie Verke, Frank, Blakely Verke and Branstetter placed fourth at 4:36.84.
• The Park City boys took fourth out of 16 teams with 47 points. Garfield County took first with 99 points.
Both Panther relay teams took first place. The 4-by-100 meter team of Rylan Gauthier, Dennis Devon, Brandon Flemmer and Connor May finished in 46.77. The 4-by-400 meter team of Peyton Moe, Connor McNeil, Dennis and Flemmer finished in 3:53.17.
Flemmer took second in the 800 meters at 2:10.62. Dennis took fifth in the 200 meters at 23.99 and sixth in the 100 meters at 12.14.
McNeil placed second in the 110 meter hurdles at 16.59, third in the javelin at 137 feet and fifth in the 300 meter hurdles at 44.65.
• The Reed Point-Rapelje boys took sixth with 43 points led by Jordan Marsh with first place in the discus at 148 feet 9 inches and second in the shot put at 42 feet 5 ½ inches. Solomon Arno took second in the discus at 125 feet 8 inches and sixth in the shot put at 37 feet 4 ¾ inches.
Willem Steinfeldt placed second in the 1,600 meters at 5:03.25 and sixth in the 800 meters at 2:14.06. Trevor Herzog took fourth in the javelin at 133 feet 9 inches.
Jeremy Boatman placed sixth in the 110 meter hurdles at 21.29, and Cade Bare took sixth in the 400 meters at 57.08. The Renegade 4-by-400 meter relay team of Bare, Steinfeldt, Dylan Blodgett and Herzog took sixth at 3:48.96.
• The RPR girls came in 10th with 18 points. Mercedes Hoff took second in the triple jump at 31 feet 10 ½ inches and fourth in the 100 meters at 13.63. Jocelyn Ott took sixth in the 100 meters at 13.76 and sixth in the 200 meters at 28.75.
The Renegade 4-by-100 meter relay team of Nynah Bryant, Cheyenne Gehnert, Hoff and Ott came in fourth at 55.31.
• The Absarokee girls took eighth with 33 points led by Emma Chandler with a first place in the pole vault at 7 feet 6 inches. Rebecka Lester took second in the pole vault at 7 feet and sixth in the 400 meters at 1:07.63. Emma LaMoure took fourth in the pole vault at 5 feet 6 inches.
Lauren Milliken took third in the 3,200 meters at 13:00.53 and fifth in the 1,600 meters at 6:08.40.
The Husky 4-by-100 meter relay team of Chandler, Lester, LaMoure and Sydney Copeland took fifth at 55.81.
• The Absarokee boys took 10th place with 24 points. Tyler Planichek was second in the pole vault at 10 feet 6 inches, Kyle Kirby was third in the 400 meter at 54.27, and Jake Branger came in fourth in the 3,200 meters at 11:34.22.
The Husky 4-by-400 meter relay team of Planichek, Branger, Jonas Williams and Kirby took third at 3:55.88.
The top five finishers at the District meet on May 13 went on to the Divisional meet. The top five at Divisional will go on to the Class C State Meet at Big Sky High School in Missoula on Friday-Saturday, May 27-28.